World War One Memorial Dedication
On Sunday 3 August 2014, the dedication of the World War One memorial will take place in the Village Square.
The Mayor of Kirklees, Cllr Ken Smith, will unviel the memorial at 10am. Refreshments and a special service will follow at St Lucius Church at 11am.
The memorial commemorates the young men of Farnley Tyas who lost their lives in the Great War, namely:
- Private W Johnsey, who died on 14 September 1916, aged 26 years.
- Private W Lodge, who died on 3 May 1917, aged 20 years.
- Gunner E Price, who died on 25 April 1917, aged 28 years.
- Sub-Conductor AW Rothery, who died on 7 January 1916, aged 44 years.
- Private GE Shaw, who died on 23 October 1918, aged 26 years
Thanks to the individuals and organisations who have made this event possible.